Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nothing says the South like a little sweet tea!

Hi ya’ll! I hope everyone is enjoying their weather as much as we have been down here in the *SOUTH*! It’s been a little bit chilly at night and in the mornings, but the days have been absolutely gorgeous! I love the fall! Like many of you, it is my favorite time of the year!

Well, the other day I showed you my pickin treasures, here. Today, I want to show you what I did with this dresser. Here is the “before”...




I will tell you I almost did not get this. Not because I didn’t want it, but because I knew it would not fit in the truck and as we were quite a ways from home, I didn’t want Mr. Right to have to go back and get it, but being Mr. Right, it was his idea to get it and make the trip back the next day to pick it up! (Have I mentioned how wonderful he is? No? Maybe I’ll do a whole post on it one day!)  Anyhoo...that made it much easier to decide to get the 2 desks and the coffee table, too! (Wouldn’t want him driving all that way just for one piece of furniture, now would we?)

I managed to get one picture while we scraped off the top veneer because it was in such bad shape, but then I guess I just got excited, because I didn't get anymore! Ahem, so I will go ahead and insert here that I am probably the last person in Blogland to jump on the ASCP wagon. Oh, I want some in the worst way, but I have a fear of ordering something over the internet that I can’t physically see or touch. I am going to get some though, because I have the perfect piece just screaming for some ASCP…that and it would take for-ever to sand this baby down and I can’t wait to test the “no sanding required” I keep hearing about! So, there is a roadtrip in my near future to hunt me some down!



Now, that being said…I have tried Pantone paint and so far have been very pleased with it, just wish they had more colors. I painted this piece in Pantone’s "tea" and love the way it turned out! I know you can’t tell in these pics, but it is a lovely shade of green. Pair that with basic black…and voila’…



I am really liking her now! I will tell you, this piece was a bear! Mr. Right had to fill in some very deep gouges in the top and we sanded, and sanded, painted, then sanded some more! And there are these very thin grooves on the front that were difficult for me to paint because my hand is not that steady, but I got ‘r done and I am loving her! She did not have one single knob that matched on her, but this little guy is original, I think…



Can you see the detail? When I pulled it off, I realized that’s what made the indentions in the wood. Oh how I wish I had all of them, but I don’t so I just went with basic wooden knobs painted black. What do you think? Should I have gone with some black glass knobs?



Stay tuned for later when I make my big announcement and some more great reveals!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment